Requests for applications are accepted by telephone, in writing, or by visiting the school.
- Complete the admissions application and return it to the Admissions office.
- Upon receipt of the application, your child will be scheduled for testing. You will be notified of the day and time of testing as soon as it has been scheduled. A non-refundable testing fee of $25.00 per child will be charged for the testing process.
- An interview between the parents and the Director of Guidance will follow testing at which time the results will be discussed. In selecting students, the administration takes into consideration the student’s scholastic record, character, test scores, and purpose for attendance. Final acceptance is not granted until the administration feels that the student will prosper in our programs.
- Upon successful completion of the application, testing and interview, you will receive an Educational Agreement which serves as an enrollment contract. This agreement must be signed and returned along with the non-refundable registration fee.
- Once your contract has been received in the office, your child’s name will be placed either on the class roll or the waiting list for that grade level. We will make every effort to place each child registered; however, instances may occur when two or more sections at the same grade level may not be feasible. Should these circumstances occur, your registration fee will be refunded to you. Children currently enrolled at Isle of Wight Academy have first option for spaces available at the next grade level. The first choice option remains in effect until Isle of Wight Academy’s Open House. After that date, space availability will be on a first come, first serve basis.
Entrance into Isle of Wight Academy is based upon a pre-testing program which includes ability as well as achievement measurement. We reserve the right to place the student according to the achievement level commensurate with his ability. High School students, in addition to the testing program, will have a personal interview with the Headmaster or Guidance Director prior to admission.
Applications are considered without regard to sex, race, color and national or ethnic origin.